Zero Export Controller for On Grid Solar Inverters
Zero Export Controller for On Grid Solar Inverters offers an advanced easy-to-use control solution for grid connected solar systems with export limitations. In Pakistan, challenge is that you have to install “on grid” solar system first and then apply for WAPDA net metering. WAPDA may be able to change existing meter with a net metering enabled meter. This may take from 3 months to a year. Now that is a serious problem as the reverse power from excessive solar production leads WAPDA meter to count it as if grid has supplied electricity to the user. User has to pay excessive electricity bill to the Grid.
Unique benefits of EnergyPK Zero Export Controller
Unique benefits of the EnergyPK Zero Export controller are:
- Single component solution (Webserver + Controller + Datalogger)
- Solar inverter independent
- Real-time control of up to 10 different inverter
- Easy to use web interface for configuration and monitoring
- Flexible pricing models, you only pay for what you want
- 1 year hardware replacement warranty
- Best in class reliable and certified imported hardware
Features of EnergyPK Zero Export Controller
With EnergyPK Zero Export controller, you have a various options to regulate your solar energy. EnergyPK Zero Export is the first of its kind device in Pakistan that
- Integrates locally available energy analyzers from pretty much all major OEMs like Entes, Schneider Electric, Lovato, Janitza, Zeigler e.t.c
- Integrates mains sync controllers from SICES, DEEPSEA, COMPAPP e.t.c for Zero Export Controller application
- Can control upto string of 30 inverters of various types
- Acts as PV Zero Export controller
- Webserver + Controller + Datalogger in one device
- Prevents power feed-in to the grid
- Three phase or Single phase option
Problems with other Zero Export Controllers
Users or solar energy companies serving domestic and commercial industry have following options:
- Limit the output of the user’s solar system to bare minimum so that production never exceeds load. User will not be able to benefit from their investment, and user has to change the output limits manually every now and then. This practice usually ends up with export to the grid.
- User has to turn off solar inverters waiting for net metering. Although zero export is ensured by doing so but such scenarios incur serious losses to the user. As for all the period PV cells keeps deteriorating & return on investment has been delayed.
- Use Zero Export Controller device in Pakistan for On Grid Solar Inverters to ensure that Solar System provides maximum productivity without incurring losses caused by reverse power to grid. Some solar inverter vendors offers solution for Zero Export like SMA, Fronius, Huawei, Growatt, Solis e.t.c but they are expensive solutions and cannot be customized to users demand productively.
- Local warranty is not available for export controllers from SMA, Fronius, Huawei, Growatt, Solis, Elegris, Trackso e.t.c.
- Unable to integrate inverters from other brands
- Incompatible to integrate locally available energy analyzers from major OEMs
- Do not support integration of mains sync controllers from SICES, Deepsea, Comapp e.t.c.
With increasing utility regulations for export control in residential and medium size commercial PV systems, the EnergyPK Zero Export controller is the perfect solution!
Export limitation means that the amount of solar energy in the system is controlled by adjusting the set point of the inverters in the system. The separately installed energy analyzer measures the total power at the point of coupling and compares this with the adjustable set point of the controller. When the consumption from the grid is above this set point, the solar energy will be increased, when the consumption is below this set point, the solar energy will be reduced.
Provides real-time control with an easy to use web interface. Provides the actual and the historical consumption of grid and solar power via a graphic illustration. The controller records the data for later evaluations on an USB medium (optional).
The Zero Export controller supports a large number of different inverter manufacturers
SMA, Growatt, Solis, Refusol, Fronius, Goodwe, Huawei and many more. Please inform for other inverters since the supported inverters list is growing every day!
Export limitation refers to minimizing the amount of excess power from a PV system being delivered to the grid. Zero feed-in means no excess PV power is delivered to the grid.
Export to the grid = Produced solar energy > Consumption from the grid
The Zero Export controller measures in real time the power flowing in the system and adjusts the set point of the solar system accordingly. In case of energy flow towards the grid, the EnergyPK Zero Export will reduce the solar system. Installation uses all solar energy, when there is a positive balance in the system.
With the Zero Export EnergyPK offers the first inverter independent solution to dynamically control the solar energy output form the inverter and thus optimize the total system reducing the total cost.
What about Zero Export Control for Unbalanced phase loads?
Our zero export controllers unlike vendors enable you to protect your interest and to get best out of your investment. Our zero export controller has been designed with three modes to offer you maximum flexibility, choose whichever suits your application.
1- Consider phase with lowest load as reference for zero export (like all others)
2- Consider average of all phases as reference for zero export (amazing, not even vendors offer this flexibility)
3- Consider average of all phases with addition of fixed offset as reference for zero export (mind blowing, new to world)
Can it control and multiple solar inverter brands on same device?
Off course it can, but it has to be specified when placing an order
Which solar inverters are compatible with zero export controller?
Our zero export controllers are compatible with:
We keep adding more inverters to our compatibility list.
Does our zero export controller act as Sungrow COM100 replacement?
Yes it can control multiple sungrow inverters like COM100, the only difference is that it will not provide remote monitoring. So wifi dongles need to be used for sungrow cloud. Our controller is always available unlike COM100 which has to be imported in Pakistan.
Does our zero export controller act as Solis EPM replacement?
Yes it can control multiple Solis inverters like Solis EPM, the only difference is that it will not provide remote monitoring. So wifi dongles need to be used for Solis cloud. Our controller is always available unlike Solis EPM which has to be imported in Pakistan.
What is the latency of zero export power control for solar inverters?
It is usually in microseconds but may get up to a couple of seconds depending on the inverter’s make.
Does our Zero Export Controller act as Goodwe SEC1000 replacement?
Yes it can control multiple Goodwe inverters like Goodwe SEC1000, the only difference is that it will not provide remote monitoring. So wifi dongles need to be used for Goodwe cloud. Our controller is always available unlike Goodwe SEC1000 which has to be imported in Pakistan.
Controller to be installed on Grid Side is 300m away from Solar Inverter. How to connect?
Use CAT6A Shielded ethernet cable and the cable shield with earth on either end. Use 3 cores for A and 3 Cores for B terminations for RS485. 120Ohm resistor may be required.
Does our zero export controller act as replacement for Huawei Smart Logger?
Yes it can control multiple Huawei inverters like Huawei Smart Logger, the only difference is that it will not provide remote monitoring. So wifi dongles need to be used for Huawei cloud. Our controller is always available unlike Huawei Smart Logger which has to be imported in Pakistan.
Can this guarantee absolute zero export?
Absolute Zero Export is an ideal state. There is always instantaneous power going into the grid for a few seconds when there are significant changes in load. The system maintains the Zero Export condition normally.
What is the warranty of our Zero Export Controller?
We offer 1 year standard hardware replacement warranty.
What should i do with zero export controller once my net meter gets installed?
Give us a call, we may buy it back from you.